Grammar schools list
showing information for
Here you can read about the school's admission process, exam formats, follow a link to school website and view suggested 11+ Practice Books.
About the School
Bournemouth School, was founded in 1901 and is an over-subscribed grammar school for boys (with girls in the sixth form) serving Bournemouth and the surrounding area.
The school’s published admission number for Year 7 entry is 180 with students having to pass an examination to join. A number of students join in Year 12 from other local schools. The School converted to become an academy on 1st September 2011. Shortly afterwards, the school was inspected by Ofsted and judged to be “outstanding”.
Bournemouth school is committed to achieving the highest academic standards through a broad and balanced education within a stimulating environment.
At Bournemouth School the aim is to:
• provide an environment that enables every individual regardless of race, creed, class or ability to develop their potentials and talents within the School community
• encourage all pupils to develop their potential to the full by setting themselves the highest standards of excellence and achievement
• develop in all pupils the integrity and the means to face confidently the challenges of a fast changing world
• provide a stimulating environment which shows students that learning is an exciting life-long activity
• develop well-rounded, self-fulfilled individuals who are aware of and who are able to take advantage of all that Bournemouth School offers
• encourage and help all students to develop talents, skills and interests, and to have understanding of moral and spiritual values, inspiring them to lead happy, purposeful and responsible lives
• involve all members of the community, especially parents, in the life of the School and in the education of their sons and daughters.
At Bournemouth School they hope to make a significant difference in the lives of their learners.
Year 7 11+ Exam Content
GL 11 Plus, with 11+ Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning questions, mathematics and English.
How to prepare for the 11+ in
Parents often search for 11+ books relevant to Bournemouth School so that they can help their child prepare for the 11 plus test.
Practice in all aspects of 11+ Verbal Reasoning and 11+ Non-Verbal Reasoning is essential. Developing 11+ English and 11+ maths skills will give your child an advantage when sitting the actual 11+ exam.
Our 11+ Exam Book Shop will offer lots of suitable practice material.
Year 7 Places:-
Year 7 Admission details:-
There may be more than 5 applicants for every place.
GL 11+ Exam version with VR, NVR English and maths questions.
Bournemouth School, East Way, Bournemouth BH8 9PY
(Opens in new window)