Grammar schools list
showing information for
Devonport High School for Boys
Here you can read about the school's admission process, exam formats, follow a link to school website and view suggested 11+ Practice Books.
About the School
Devonport High School for Boys, is a happy and vibrant grammar school for boys aged 11-18. Their vision is that whatever your role in the school or personal ambition, is that ‘Everyone Succeeds’.
Staff provide a disciplined, caring environment in which students achieve levels of excellence that reflect their tremendous potential and our high expectations. Examination results and university entrance records are among the best in the country. In addition, we provide a remarkable range of co-curricular activities.
To inspire confidence so that all achieve the highest possible standard of academic success.
Develop talents so that everyone is enriched.
Support individuals in the school community to enhance their prowess and shape their future.
Approach to Equality:
1. All learners are of equal value. Whether or not they are disabled, whatever their ethnicity, culture, national origin or national status, whatever their gender and gender identity, whatever their religious or non-religious affiliation or faith background and whatever their sexual orientation.
2. Staff recognise, respect and value difference and understand that diversity is a strength. They take account of differences and strive to remove barriers and disadvantages which people may face, in relation to disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, belief or faith and sexual orientation. They believe that diversity is a strength, which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit.
3. Staff foster positive attitudes and relationships and actively promote positive attitudes and mutual respect between groups and communities different from each other.
4. Staff and pupils foster a shared sense of cohesion and belonging. They want all members of the school community to feel a sense of belonging within the school and wider community and to feel that they are respected and able to participate fully in school life.
5. The school observe good equalities practice for their staff. They ensure that policies and procedures benefit all employees and potential employees in all aspects of their work, including in recruitment and promotion, and in continuing professional development.
6. Staff have the highest expectations of all students and expect that all can make good progress and achieve to their highest potential.
7. The school work to raise standards for all students, but especially for the most vulnerable. Staff believe that improving the quality of education for the most vulnerable groups of students raises standards across the whole school.
Year 7 11+ Exam Content
GL version 11+ with 11+ English and Maths and also a creative writing paper set by school.
How to prepare for the 11+ in
Devonport High School for Boys
Parents will often search for 11+ books relevant to Devonport High School for Boys so that they can help their child prepare for the 11 plus test.
Practice in all aspects of 11+ Verbal Reasoning and 11+ Non-Verbal Reasoning is essential. Developing 11+ English and 11+ maths skills will give your child an advantage when sitting the actual 11+ exam.
Our 11+ Exam Book Shop will offer lots of suitable practice material.
Year 7 Places:-
Year 7 Admission details:-
Generally 3-4 applicants for every place.
GL version 11+
Devonport High School for Boys, Paradise Road, Stoke, Plymouth PL1 5QP
(Opens in new window)